Thoughts and Paragraphs



Choosing what to say often inhibits me from saying anything at all. Specifically while studying and living in another language, my fleeting ideas and broken thoughts are being pulled from a hollow brimming with assorted sounds all stemming from the Latin language. Thinking coherently in one language has been difficult, writing intelligently in English even more challenging. 

For the past few days I have been attempting to mold the beginning of my European experience into words. When I sat down to write my back was against a glass wall showcasing the city streets, my face level with a white computer screen. I watched the thin black line blink on the blank Microsoft word document while each of my fingers vacationed on their own separate island of my MacBook Pro. My mind was flooded with thoughts and my heart heaving with feeling, yet each time I focused in on the black blinking cursor all I could see was limitations. Anxiety set in. The things I have done, seen, felt so far would be condensed into a few paragraphs just long enough to keep the attention of anyone reading my words. In attempting to simplify my experience, I was watering down the memories I had. They were changing into a timeline of events in my mind instead of passages of time I had actually experienced.

For this reason, the posts following this one will not be an update on what I have been doing in Europe, rather a creative outlet collecting and reflecting what inspires me at the moment. It is not meant to be a pretentious art blog or something taken overly seriously, just a lot of words and photos with which I am trying to make some meaning. If my previous post had you craving an outlined itinerary of my days abroad, I offer my sincerest apologies. Luckily for you, blogs by students traveling abroad are about as easy to come by as a link to one of Buzzfeed’s numerical lists.

Having no desire to communicate any longer in words, following are a few photos of Seogiva, Spain that say more than I am able to at the moment.  


4 comments:

  1. Love the pics. So romantic. I wanna visit!

    Hazel
    www.theskimplelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame I haven't visited Segovia yet, it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post!let’s follow each other on gfc&bloglovin?
    flw me and tell where u’ve followed me!

    ReplyDelete

 

Blogger news

Followers

About

Follow Escaping The Window